Monday, February 11, 2008

Voles

This picture of a vole looks really cute. The one my dog Sarah
dug up in my backyard was not this precious.

I've got vole tunnels. I guess they are waking up or something. I really don't mind. They don't want to come in the house, they eat grubs, and they ariate my soil. To people who have very neat lawns they're pests. I do not have a pristine lawn. In fact I aspire to one day get rid if all the grass in my yard, so that the whole thing is a real garden. Wildlife welcome.

2 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

What a cute little face. In England, they are Gods. just joking. :)

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Awwww... it's really cute.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really love your profile "about me." I have a degree in English and keep on toying with the thought of getting an MSW. I live in Philadelphia where homelessness is far too common. I do what I can as an individual, but the work I'd most like to do requires I be a social worker.

Admittedly, what deters me is a fear that I will not have the emotional strength required to do a good job.

My heart bleeds.